Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It all started with the letter "S".

During my pregnancy, I had a million ideas about decorations and designs for my baby’s nursery. I started to search several websites looking for what I had in my mind for decor. I found several cute ideas, however they cost a fortune. After looking for weeks I decided I could design decorations myself. Trained as a graphic designer I acquired an eye for design, but had no exposure to painting as a medium. I initially began to experiment with a small canvas to see if I could really do it. It all began with the letter “S”, the first letter of my beautiful baby girl’s name Sofia. The stencil designs I created were inspired by Sofia's crib bedding set. Firstly, I painted the “S” in a soft gray; secondly I stenciled the design onto the letter, and finally painted the stencil design in white and the rest is history! To my surprise the project came out lovely – my personal touch added a beautiful glow to my baby’s nursery. I enjoyed making something so special for my little girl, I've decided to be brave and create more designs on canvas to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment